Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 42 - Only 46 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi,

Today was a sign of progress from yesterday. Sore tight legs in the morning.

I've been doing a lot of running lately and anytime I feel sore or tight after a run it usually has something to do with me falling, tripping, rolling an ankle, getting chased by dogs, disappearing into pot holes, etc.

This was the good kind of sore and tight. I not only pushed my cardio limits last night but I also wore my legs out. I've got no excuse not to run my 3mi runs in less than 21:30 from now on.

Instead of sticking to the training plan tonight I thought I'd be better off to get some rest. I did my yoga stretches (designed for runners) and plan to get a full night of sleep. I now have to push the 6 miles originally planned for tonight over to tomorrow on top of my 5 mile run. 11 miles total and I'll be meeting with the personal trainer for an initial consultation as well - guess we'll see how it goes.

~RunFlickRun~

No comments:

Post a Comment