Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 45 - Only 43 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi,

In St. Louis today. We have a quick three mile run to knock out before the big one tomorrow.

The goal for today's run was just nice and easy, saving energy for tomorrow's big one. I haven't been nervous about tomorrow until now. I guess my body is having flashbacks to a couple of week's ago and the 22 mile run that took me to my outer limits.

I imagine my body is asking questions like:

"What the hell is wrong with you?"
"I'm not stellar at math but isn't 24.5 a lot more than 22?"
"Why?"
"Do I have to?

Mentally, I'm battling these pre run notions of how terribly grueling these long runs are. The distance before gets easy but the point of real gains is sheer torture. Reality is it isn't the worst thing ever and is over relatively quick, only 4 hours.

Some stats from today:

3.31 miles - 28:42 time - 8:42 pace

I enjoyed running with Casey, made the run go by really quick. Good encouragement for tomorrow....especially with all the negativity brewing.

~RunFlickRun~

No comments:

Post a Comment