Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 34 - Only 54 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hello,

Day after the toughest physical challenge I've ever experienced. Not so terrible, exceptionally sore but no injuries. Comparing this round of training to the training that led up to my first half marathon is much different.

When I was training for my first half marathon, I was mostly focused on completing the distance and getting better times. I had a week or two in the beginning where both my diet and my level of physical fitness were causing some problems but otherwise I wasn't experiencing any type of serious pain or soreness. I was able to address the diet/hydration issues quickly and it didn't take long for my fitness level to improve to a point where I could manage the weekly mile totals.

This time around it has been all about this delicate balance of pushing my physical limits, overtraining and avoiding injury. I feel like every run has the potential for injury. I consider more rest but ultimately I am worried about not acheiving my 3:40 time goal...so I've been keeping the miles and intensity ramped up each week.

I'm pretty beat today after the long run yesterday. If I don't feel at least 25% better tomorrow, I'll push my next run back a day.

-RunFlickRun-

No comments:

Post a Comment