Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 2 - Only 86 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi Everyone,

Last night was my first training run, it went okay…not great and not bad. I ran 4.56 miles at a 9 min 11 sec pace.

Note: I’ll need to run at an 8 min 23 sec pace to reach my goal time in the marathon.

I’ve got 7 miles on the agenda tonight, a day off, 3 miles on Saturday and then 18 miles on Sunday. A grand total of 32 miles for week one of training. Whew! 32 miles in a week is around the number I was peaking at during my half marathon training back in September. My legs are going to need a long soak on Sunday night.

On the other front, I setup a fundraising site through Virgin Money. Virgin is the official sponsor  and organiser of the 2011 London Marathon. The Children’s Trust has a direct link to the Virgin Money website; therefore, the money you donate goes 100% directly to the charity without passing through other hands.


Thanks again for following and all your support.

~RunFlickRun~

6 comments:

  1. Have you been running at all? Will 18 be a distance pr for you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some off and on over the holiday, not serious about it until this week. It's been fun to really push it again. I like the casual runs...well because they are easy...but I don't get that same level of satisfaction as I do when I feel exhausted at the end - like I actually accomplished something.

    Yep - 18 will be a distance PR. 16mi is my PR. I'll be gu-ing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that seems like ur jumping to 18 quick! Don't burn ur legs or lungs out too fast J!! Train safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish that I could train with you! That is very exciting. I think I still have a few half marathons in my future before I attempt a full, but it will come eventually (want to finish a half in <1:45 first). Best of luck and I look forward to following your progress on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah 18 is a little bit of jump but I plan on taking it nice and easy. More a focus on running for 3 hours...looking for a 10min pace but won't be suprised if it is a bit longer.

    Thanks Jessica. Under 1:45 is agressive, good for you. Do you have any half marathons planned for the spring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planning to run the Big D Half (Dallas, TX) on April 10th with a goal pace of <1:55, then the OKC Memorial Half in May in hopefully <1:45.

    ReplyDelete