Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 7 - Only 81 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi Everyone,

Today was the start of another solid week of training. 35 miles total on the schedule this week.

Stats on tonight's run -- Distance: 7 miles - Time: 1:01:35 - Pace: 8:44

Everything seems to be coming together nicely. My pace is adjusting down into the 8 minute range and my average heart is steadily declining back into the low 170 range. My short term goals are to get my average heart rate down below 165bpm and times for all runs under 10 miles under an 8:30 pace.

Cool moment of run - On the last 100 meters, a shooting star that must have lasted five seconds shot clear across the sky. Made up for how stinking cold it was out there tonight.

Last thing, I've had a few co-workers and other friends ask about running/training etc. My first peice of advice - join http://www.dailymile.com/. It is a great source of motivation. I've have some great friends on dailymile that keep me motivated and interested in running.

Kidding, no really, this is the last thing - visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/runflickrun to support The Children's Trust without them I wouldn't be running in the London Marathon.

~RunFlickRun~

No comments:

Post a Comment