Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 4 - Only 84 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi Everyone,

Today was an outstanding day for a run. The temps in the mid 50s and bright sunny skies. Best of all, it was outside and off of the dreadmill.

Stats -- Distance: 3.28 -- Time: 27:50 -- Pace 8:29

Based on a suggestion from a friend, I'm going to go find some Shot Rocks...whatever those are...for my long run tomorrow. Goal is 10min pace which works out to be 3 hrs flat. The struggle with 18 miles, besides the obvious, is finding a good place to run it. I think tomorrow I'll head out towards White Rock Lake and just run for an hour and half and then turn back towards the house...in the future I think I need to do some better route planning, especially as these runs get longer. I hate running laps, it is like a broken record.

Daily Mile sent me this 2010 Year in Review.. pretty cool. I thought I'd share for those of you that don't know about Daily Mile.


Just a quick reminder, if you haven't already - please check out The Children's Trust website (http://www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/) and consider donating on my fundraising site (http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/runflickrun).

~RunFlickRun~

2 comments:

  1. My year sand review surprised me! I didn't realize I ran as much or as far as I did. Great motivation! Good luck on ur 18 miler today. Take it easy and do.t worry as much about time for ur first time at it. Just run the distance safely. U can PR distance today and PR time next go about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done great with your running, especially given you had a child last year.

    I've noticed you started out strong this year. Keep it up.

    I took your advice and pulled back the reins (a little) - trying to be safe.

    ReplyDelete