Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 18 - Only 70 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi Everyone,

Boo Yeah! Today was great. A day of rest makes a huge difference.

I wanted to get a time PR in today, trying to get it out of my system. I had a great run.

Stats -- Distance: 3mi -- Time: 22:11 -- Pace: 7:23 (fastest pace ever, regardless of distance and beats my best 3mi time by almost 2 full minutes)

After my run, I went for sport massage appointment. It was fantastic. She worked through several assisted stretches, stretching me to an extent I simply can't do myself. She then worked through all of the trouble areas I've been having (outer edge of feet, interior calf muscles, knees and hamstrings) and knocked out the other major muscle groups working deep into the tissue. I had to take some pretty big breathes through parts of it but once they released it felt like a million bucks. It is amazing the difference 50 mins can make. I'll probably have this done again in three or four weeks, again during the week of rest before the marathon and after the marathon.

I then stopped by RunOn Dallas to exchange my shoes. After living in Canada for awhile with horrible customer service, I fully expected them to have a problem with me exchanging the shoes since I've put about 20 miles on them already. I walked into the store with my defenses up. She didn't hesitate before asking me which model I wanted to exchange them for. I immediately responded Gel Nimbus 9...she responded "well that will be tough, I don't have a Gel Nimbus 9...pretty sure they don't make them but I do have a Gel Nimbus 12 (smile)" Okiesillydokio...I'm an idiot. I always feel a little bit intimidated in running stores, like a poser who doesn't really know anything about anything when it comes to running. This isn't true, I've actually learned a lot over the last few months. Not saying I don't have a lot to learn but I'm not completely clueless. Anyway, I got a SIZE 9 - Gel Nimbus 12, they are blue...I like my green ones better but just happy to be back on track in the shoe department.

Elise has a friend in town and they wen't to Dane Cook so I played the third wheel with some friends. We tried a place none of us had been before, Adelmo's. It had a great atmosphere and being italian worked out perfect in the carb loading department. I had gnocchi and lobster ravioli for dinner and some scrumptous bread, skipped on the wine (too bad, love wine).

I'm really excited about the long run tomorrow and also a little nervous. Some unknowns and no room for my legs to give me any problems. Look forward to reporting back and drawing some comparisons to the 18mi run a few weeks ago.

~RunFlickRun~

2 comments:

  1. Adelmos was awesome. Places like that make me feel like I'm not living in Dallas, TX. So do we think those cookies were almond or amaretto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm calling it Almond, my wife is crazy...but she really doesn't like amaretto so maybe it was amaretto.

    ReplyDelete