Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 27 - Only 61 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi,

Yesterday was an important day for rest. This week will be my heaviest week of running yet with 42 miles. The biggest portion of that is coming with 22 miles (a distance pr) on Sunday.

My wife, being the amazing woman she is, booked a masseuse to come to the house for a 90 minute deep tissue massage. Best possible Valentine's day gift for a husband training for a marathon. I'm not going to act like it was all Yanni Live at the Acropolis and perfectly relaxing...some of it truly hurt but was completely necessary to break up and flush out some of the toxins that build-up. She was referred to us by a friend who has been using her and referring her to other people we know for awhile now. I know some you and know your heads are right there in the gutter, my wife didn't invite some hooker off the street. She actually works at a Chiropractic office, along side working at a spa and her private appointments. The chiropractic background gave me an extra level of comfort and assurance.

I got a great nights rest and was ready this evening to tackle my speed work. I'll get to that in the following blog. Before switching gears to today's workout, I wanted to share the online certificate that the Route 66 sent me. Boost to morale and cofidence.


~RunFlickRun~

No comments:

Post a Comment