Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 20 - Only 68 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi Everyone,

Last night was all about rest. I came home from work, made dinner, ate dinner, did a little bit of work, got ready for bed, watch an episode of Kitchen Nightmares in bed while icing my legs, and got 8hrs of sleep. Recipe for a good night.

Today my legs feel 80% better and ready for another week of training. I’ve got about 30 miles this week so a good break from the 41 miles I had last week.

I’ll be breaking in my new shoes this week, starting tonight with a three mile run.

Also, Kristen suggested I look into books on audio for my long runs. I like the idea because I can only talk to myself for so long before 1.) I run out of stuff to say/think about 2.) Get bored 3.) Develop a real habit of talking to myself, create an alternate ego and become certifiable 4.) all I can think about is the incredible burning mixed with shooting pain and jello sensation in my legs – distraction is welcomed.

That said, any suggestions on a book I should download?

I’ll get another post up tonight after my recovery run.

~RunFlickRun~

1 comment:

  1. You could always do a book about running like "Born to run" or something that you've already read, and love to start out with. You could probably do pod casts too!

    ReplyDelete