Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 23 - Only 65 Days Left Until the London Marathon

Hi,

The last few weeks or even potentially months have been exhausting and full stress. Last night felt like one of those nights where it all comes to an impasse, physically and mentally. So as it relates to my run, I was exhausted, tense and not in the right state of mind for it. I wasn't confident that I would get much out of it and given the physical circumstance I concerned about potential injury. I decided to postpone my 8 miler I had on the schedule.

Running normally helps relieve a lot of the day to day stress. A quick run can give you a fresh perspective and help you remember the more important aspects of life. Last night, just wasn't going to be one of those nights.

I will say that it worked out well though. The sidewalks were still icey last night and I would have been pounding away on the hamster wheel had I ran. Tonight the roads were clear and the tempature just high enough to run (separate blog).

On a totally separate topic but something on my mind tonight as I was running. A friend of mine posted a blog on health, interesting concept of people allowing their health to deteriorate and the parallels to suicide. I've experienced a few deaths in my family where their personal health choices, had they been better, would have extended their lives several more years and who knows maybe they would still be with us today. It's sad and a good personal reminder to myself about the choices I make and how they affect the people that care about me.

I ended up getting a good night's rest and came back today more eager than I have all week to demolish a run.

~RunFlickRun~

No comments:

Post a Comment